Apr 3, 2011

Serenity Sunday

I quit smoking this last Friday after having smoked since I was eighteen. I've tried cold turkey several times over the years with no success so I thought I'd try the step down method, progressively lowering my nicotine levels until I'm totally weaned off. I thought about using nicotine patches but the adhesive gave me rashes last the time I tried them so this time I'm trying something completely different. They're called e-cigarettes, it looks like a cigarette but it delivers the nicotine through a water vapor and when you exhale, it actually looks like smoke.

The filter part of the e-cigarette is what contains the nicotine and as I change the filter, the level of nicotine goes down just like it would if I were to use the nicotine patches but without the annoying rash. I have my mind pretty set on quitting, it's a pretty repulsive habit and it's high time I got healthy. The real test will be this coming week (Spring break for the kids) but I have some coping strategies set up and I think I'll do just fine, half the battle is reminding myself how much better I'll feel being a non smoker!

So, wish me luck and I'll do updates now and then just to keep myself accountable, I know it's going to be hard but I'm worth it!


My List

1.) My kids

2.) My pets

3.) Terrific friends

4.) Willpower

5.) Meditation

6.) Deep breaths

7.) Warmer weather

8.) Great books

9.) Smoke free clothing

10.) Spring flowers

No comments: