Jul 17, 2011

Serenity Sunday



A great way to use giving thanks to appreciate life more fully is to use gratitude to help you put things in their proper perspective. When things don’t go your way, remember that every difficulty carries within it the seeds of an equal or greater benefit. In the face of adversity ask yourself: “What’s good about this?”, “What can I learn from this?”, and “How can I benefit from this?”


Those who practice gratitude tend to be more creative, bounce back more quickly from adversity, have a stronger immune system, and have stronger social relationships than those who don’t practice gratitude. To say we feel grateful is not to say that everything in our lives is necessarily great. It just means we are aware of our blessings.


My List:


1.) My kids


2.) My pets


3.) Great friends


4.) Fresh baked bread


5.) Sunny Summer days


6.) Watching the local parade with my kids


7.) A good book


8.) Croaking frogs


9.) Morning walks


10.) Handmade gifts




No comments: