Mar 19, 2009

Great Expectations


I stopped in at my son's school today to visit with his teacher (nothing bad....just a progress report) and while I was waiting I saw this little curious little poster on one of the library walls, I got closer to read just what it said and suddenly I felt compelled to write it down. Here it is as follows:

The more you read...
The more you know.

The more you know...
The smarter you grow.

The smarter you grow...
The stronger your voice.

When speaking your mind...
and making your choice.

It's just a few simple lines but for some reason my little inner voice was telling me that they were profound and powerful and I simply must share it. It's a plain statement but just how many of us really think about the positive impact it could have on our children...if we sat down and applied this philosophy? Reading to your children is one of the most important things that we can do to put them on the track to great things.

No comments: