Sep 27, 2009

Serenity Sunday

The Leaves


The leaves had a wonderful frolic.
They danced to the wind's loud song.
They whirled, and they floated, and scampered.
They circled and flew along.

The moon saw the little leaves dancing.
Each looked like a small brown bird.
The man in the moon smiled and listened,
And this is the song he heard.

The North Wind is calling, is calling,
And we must whirl round and round,
And then, when our dancing is ended,
We'll make a warm quilt for the ground.



Anonymous




My List:



1.) My kids

2.) Watching my kitties on their webcam

3.) Cool autumn nights

4.) Packages in my mailbox (Goodies from Magical Enchantments....coming
soon!)

5.) Wonderful comments ( I  love reading them all, they  brighten my day!)

6.) Fresh coffee

7.) My sewing machine

8.) Breakfast in bed

9.) Laughing with my best friend

10.) Patchouli incense


7 comments:

Eliza said...

I love that poem :-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Aren't autumn leaves just gorgeous? I love them too.

Rue said...

Lovin' your list!

Sloan said...

Im down in the South, in Texas. Sadly we dont have the kind of tree's that do that. But I lived in ND for a few years as a baby, so i do remember seeing them, slightly. I remember the colors the most.

VintageSage said...

What a beautiful poem! I love your list. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem:-)

Bridgett said...

That poem is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm going to copy and save it...it really touched me. :)

)O(
boo