Dec 12, 2009

Psychic Abilities


Psychic abilities are a phenomenon that takes place when a persons mental sensitivity is heightened and above the average capacity. It’s like having a transfer of thought between your subconscious and conscious mind, allowing you to see things before they happen or to simply “ just know”. Below are only three out of many different types of abilities.


Clairvoyance


Sometimes referred to as "psychic vision". Clairvoyance is the ability to see people, objects, scenes, words and symbols in your inner psychic eye,  aura reading  is also in this category: the ability to see someone's subtle energy levels manifested in either colors or waves of light appearing to come from the body. Often the clairvoyant individual can see the physical body and can describe with almost complete accuracy their hair and eye color, height, body type and other physical attributes that they "see" in their psychic eye (sometimes called the Third Eye).


Clairaudience


Also referred to as "psychic hearing". Clairaudience is the ability to hear words, phrases, songs in your ears without anyone actually speaking. This is one of the most difficult skills to develop because only a small percentage of us are hearing-based naturally (about 15-20%). Writers, musicians and other communicators seem to have this ability more readily available to them because they work with words and sounds in their everyday life. Some intuitives  hear whole dialogues in their inner psychic ear and can repeat verbatim the conversation to the seeker in a reading


Clairsentience


Sometimes called "psychic feeling". There are two forms of clairsentience: empathy and psychic knowing. Clairsentience is the ability to "know" about someone or something without the use of the five senses for input. Clairsentience is probably the most common type of intuitive ability. (Often we refer to it as a hunch, a gut reaction, or instinct...this is the category I fall into) For instance, I often "just know" the emotional state of a person, kind of like feeling their aura or energy instead of seeing it. 


As a child, I never really thought much about this as I automatically assumed everyone saw the world this way. It wasn't until I got older that I realized people wanted to know specifics about why I knew something to be true, "because I just know" was not an answer people wanted to hear so I started stifling my "gut" and tried like hell to fit in with kids my own age. 


"Stuffing it" came with a price though...I began to distrust my gut reactions and ran into many situations that I might have avoided had I listened to what "I knew." It's easier now that I'm older and have learned by hard knocks to always trust in my instinct. People sometimes think that I'm a bit odd when I say "I just know" but I've learned not to let it  bother me. Besides, if I were normal, this blog would not be called "Lizzie's Logic."











3 comments:

Rue said...

Thank Goddess for embracing what you are!

I'd love to have clairaudience - I seriously need someone to narrarate to me what the heck is going on, sometimes. I'm rather clueless when it comes to ability. I usually look back later and slap my forehead - duh - so that's what that was all about!

Stella Seaspirit said...

Yes we're the normal ones- the others are weird ;-) Have you tried going within your mind's eye to a favourite power spot and then posing a question like, "what do I need to know about so and so..." and then just listening for a reply. But don't listen with your ears. Listen from inside your mind. It's a voice that may sound like yours but it FEELS different.

Anonymous said...

Like, you I have clairsentience. Sadly I still question, at times, that inner feeling.
Reading the paragraph on clairaudience causes me to wonder if I've experienced this at times. It usually happens when I am in the between sleep and wakefulness states. Hmm.