Oct 5, 2010

Deck Review- Shadowfox Tarot

Richard and Jennifer Shadowfox have put together a wonderful deck of varying grey scale images that truly jump right out of the cards at you. This is an excellent deck and I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I looked through it's haunting images. I was drawn to it's appearance online at first glance but once I was able to look at it in person, the pictures were so much deeper than I had imagined.
The Shadowfox Tarot is a 78 card deck that comes in a wonderful 6" x 11 3/8" x 1 1/2" sturdy keepsake storage box along with a 224 page Tarot Book of Shadows that I have to tell you is an amazing wellspring of information in itself. Among the contents of the companion book are correspondences for each card from Alchemical Qualities, Elemental Attributes to Meanings, Mythological Creatures, Influencing Cards and even Musical Moods that enhances the "feel" of each card.

When I get a new deck, I like to shuffle the cards with the question in mind of how we will work together and draw three cards, this generally gives me an impression of the decks personality, and how best we can collaborate together. The deck was a bit sticky coming out of the box, but I found that buffing the cards lightly with a furniture polish wipe took the stickiness right away and the cards shuffled beautifully.
The three cards I drew when determining how we will get along together was the Page of Wands, the Three of Wands and the Ace of Swords. Together these cards tell me that this deck has an abundance of enthusiasm and energy and will offer new ideas and growth to each reading. We shall work in a cooperative, insightful manner with clear answers. This is a deck with a lot of fire and insight and I will absolutely love working with it.
I was quite pleasantly surprised with the Shadowfox Tarot, the images are quite evocative and it's answers are definately straight to the point. This is a wonderful deck full of 3-D imagery and layered insights, I highly recommend The Shadowfox Tarot deck to everyone.

Schiffer Books
Richard and Jennifer Shadowfox
ISBN: 9780764334870


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are you!This was a really terrific topic!
I come from milan, I was fortunate to find your website in google
Also I get much in your website really thanks very much i will come every day