Nov 21, 2010

Serenity Sunday

Take a few moments and think about what you are thankful for. You may even wish to take a few minutes to jot down some notes for yourself. Set aside just 60 seconds a day


With your list of those things you are thankful for, set aside just one minute per day (or more, if you wish) to review that list, to verbalize your gratitude and to really take in your thankfulness for those things that you do have. Literally say it out loud: "I am thankful for the garden in my back yard and the opportunity to grow a small portion of my own food" for example.


In just 60 seconds per day, if practiced daily, you will create an attitude of gratitude which will brighten your mood and uplift your day-to-day experience of life because it allows you to refocus your attention on those things you appreciate rather than those things you might despise.


My List:


1.) My kids


2.) My pets


3.) Tarot friends


4.) Snow days


5.) Hot chocolate


6.) Towels just out of the dryer


7.) Electric pencil sharpeners


8.) Meditation


9.) Scented candles


10.) Packages in the mail

1 comment:

Rue said...

Always one of my favourite posts....

"Towels out of the dryer" - I really love this one. It's a moment of pure bliss being wrapped up in a warm towel!