Oct 11, 2009

Serenity Sunday



The people known as "The Sidhe" (pronounced Shee) or people of the mounds were descended from the "Tuatha de Danann who settled in Ireland millennia ago.

Down through the ages the Sidhe have been in contact with mortals giving protection, healing and even teaching some of their skills to mortals - Smithcraft or the working of metals being one such skill.  The Gaelic word  "Sidhe" refers to these otherworldly beings now called fairies.

The Irish fairy is not like the diminutive fairies of other European countries, the Sidhe are described as tall and handsome in all accounts, also they are dressed very richly and accounts of their halls are of richly decorated places with sumptuous foods and drinks.



My List:

1.) My kids

2.) Good Friends

3.) Crisp mornings

4.) Pumpkins

5.) Scented candles

6.) Earl Grey tea

7.) Pretty tarot bags

8.) Electric pencil sharpeners

9.) Laughter

10.) Gherkins














6 comments:

clairedulalune said...

Oh, Iloved this! I am Irish and I had never heard of these fairies! I must go investigate! Happy Sunday to you!!

Anna said...

Thanks for the share I love learning about the fae :-)

Danni said...

I love the stories of the Sidhe. :)

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I love learning and reading about Irish and Celtic folklore and mythology.

greekwitch said...

The last couple of weeks i have been reading about the Celtic lores! I loved this post!

Eliza said...

Loved this post. There's an award for you over at my blog :-)