Feb 27, 2011

Serenity Sunday

I just love things that have a fantastic scent so I thought I would write down one of the recipes I use to make my own fragrances . I like to make my own perfumes using essential oils as opposed to store bought fragrances simply because they seem to last so much longer and are not nearly as expensive.


Floriental nights


2 tbsp. jojoba oil
3 drops bergamot oil
2 drops neroli oil
8 drops jasmine oil
12 drops geranium oil
8 drops ylang-ylang oil
4 drops patchouli oil




Pour the jojoba oil into a dark glass bottle with a glass rod applicator.
Add the essential oils drop by drop, and shake thoroughly. You can vary the proportions of the essential oils in accordance to personal preference, but note the geranium oil is what gives this blend its floral flavor. Be careful-too much patchouli oil will easily overwhelm the scent; too much bergamot oil will often irritate skin that's sensitive.


Caution: Bergamot essential oil should not be used by pregnant women or epileptics.






My List:


1.) My children


2.) My cat


3.) Good friends


4.) Potting soil


5.) Roses starting to bud


6.) Kind words


7.) Laughter


8.) Toast with cinnamon and sugar


9.) Perusing the local nursery


10.) Spring is coming

No comments: