Mar 11, 2009

A Blessing For My Tea


When I have a pot of tea, especially when I feel like I need to recharge my magical batteries so to speak, I like to light a few candles, some incense and soothing music and use this blessing......


BLESSING OF HERBS

With the tip of your athame touching the Herbs, intone this blessing:

Thou has grown by favor of the Sun,
The Moon, and of the dew.
I make this intercession, ye herb:
I beseech thee to be of benefit to me and my rite,
For thy virtues are unfailing.
Thou art the Dew of all the Gods,
The Eye of the Sun,
The Light of the Moon,
The Beauty and Glory of the Sky,
The Mystery of Terra.
I purify thee so that whatever is wrought by me with thee may,
In all its powers,
Have a good and speedy effect with good success.
Be purified by my prayer and be powerful!
So mote it be!

When water is hot enough, place the herbs in the Tea Pot and add water from the brewing dish, give it a couple of stirs.While the tea is steeping, intone this Prayer:

Earth Mother
Giver of life
Strengthen me during my life-long strife.
Teach me Your ways of perfect love,
Peace, and wisdom true.
Spawn from my purest heart
These words to You
May this prayer help me to better
Myself in word and deed,
To a higher plane I shall succeed.
Beautiful Light of Goodness Fair
Lore of old we both do share
A Witch's brew, I drink to You
My love for You, by day, by night
In thought and in sight
Will my soul learn
The meaning of this life again.

I thank the goddess and say blessed be, then I sit down and enjoy my fresh brewed nectar.

1 comment:

Hibiscus Moon said...

That is beautiful. Thank you.