Jul 21, 2009

Tarot Tuesday


G. Hobya appears to be a very scary individual indeed and to me he represents my irrational fear...commonly called Agoraphobia. It's a terrible feeling, that of panic, when venturing into unknown areas and unfamiliar territory and it is never comfortable and always too far from my safety zone. G. Hobya reminds me that this fear lies only in my imagination...the "what if's" and "should be's."

I often feel that I "should be" in control over this fear and "what if" will probably never happen so when I see this frightening fellow I must stop my thinking in circles and dig deep into just why this fear has taken such a strong hold on my imagination. Most of the time people who have this fear find themselves thrust into this mindset after a traumatic event or situation...sadly I am no different.

G. Hobya waves our fears in front of us, making them appear quite real but at the same time he is trying to show us that if we look to the past and figure out what this fear is and how it came about , we will be able to distinguish the imaginary from situations in which a healthy caution is appropriate. By breaking old habits and patterns we are liberating ourselves to a life of feeling okay in our own skin and joyful.






Card # 61 G. Hobya
Faeries Oracle

No comments: