Aug 10, 2009

Button, Button


I've been cruising around some very cool blogs lately and noticed one thing they all have in common... way cool buttons that they share and give the code for so you can put it on your blog. I am so very envious because I need a photoshop type program to create my own and can't figure out the bloody program to save my life!

I want a cool button...I can figure out HTML code... I can copy and paste with ease... I can take a pretty great picture with my camera but how do I figure out one these program to make a cool button that I can exchange with the best of 'em? I thought for a minute maybe it's just too technical for me but then stubbornness kicked in and I vowed not to let the Photoshop get the better of me.

I went to Adobe's website...downloaded Photoshop and installed it, then I got ready to make my button. Well, to make a long story short, I ended up uninstalling Adobe Photoshop after about three hours of trying to import a photo and make a button reflecting my blog. It was going to be so cool...with the little witch from my header as a picture with "Lizzie's Logic " superimposed over her...wow, it was a great idea but alas...I have given up.

If anyone can tutor me in the way of button making ...even point me to a program that's more user friendly, I would be eternally grateful!


5 comments:

Robin said...

I myself would be lost in Photoshop. I use Paint Shop Pro or PSP. You'll figure it out!

Saoirse McGinnis said...

I use GIMP (freeware photoshop-type program).

While I'm not particularly good with it, I'm sure you could find tutorials online for photoshop. My ex was in a graphic arts program and he would regularly look for tutorials on how to do certain things that he didn't know how to.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Blessings,
Skye

clairedulalune said...

Oh, when you find out, tell us! Sorry, i have not got a clue either!

Unknown said...

What I usually do for buttons is use an online photo-saving site. I use photobucket. Then you just create the code. I also like to center the buttons because I think it looks nicer. I am using () instead of <>

(center)(a href="")(img src="")(/a)(/center)

If you want text below it you do it this way

(center)(a href="")(img src="")(br)Text Here(/a)(/center)

However because I like to keep things simple I usually put the text in the picture. If you go to my blog and see Evernight's Witch School button on my sidebar. I made that.

I hope that helps. If you still need help you can email me at bsm.1987@hotmail.com

Jessica - Magical Mundane said...

IF you need help with this still, email me: JessicaAFM @ gmail . com

I would be more than happy to help you with the creation of your button.