Nov 14, 2009

“Witches”


I got this today in my inbox and watched each video on YouTube.  It was such a great series of videos, I just had to share...I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.




The Biography Channel special “Witches” will be re-aired again this Monday and Tuesday. The show features interviews with Llewellyn authors Christopher Penczak and Silver RavenWolf.
Original airdate was 10/08; it is re-airing 4 times this fall.
Biography Channel: “Witches”
Original airdate: 10/30/08
2009 Airdates:
Friday 10/30/09
Saturday 10/31/09
Monday 11/16/09, 8 pm (upcoming)
Tuesday 11/17/09, midnight (upcoming)
You can also watch the Biography Channel’s “Witches” episode on our YouTube channel!
Part 1 includes interviews and early comments from Silver RavenWolf and Christopher Penczak, then discusses the European witch hunts.
Part 2 focuses primarily on the details of the Salem witch hysteria/trials.
Part 3 covers the end of 17th century through modern times, evolution of Halloween, and Hollywood witches; the segment ends with an early biography of Laurie Cabot.
Part 4 begins with Laurie Cabot; Christopher Penczak appears at about 2:20 in this clip.
Part 5 starts with Silver RavenWolf; this segment focuses on Silver and Wicca.
Part 6 features an interview with Roberta Stewart, the Wiccan widow who won the VA Pentacle suit, and more comments from Silver RavenWolf.









4 comments:

Suzie said...

Thanks SO much for posting this Lizzie! We don't get the Biography channel, and I would have missed it all , had you not shared with us!

It really is a great show, and it would be nice if it were one that they chose to put out on DVD!

Hugs,
Suzie

P.S. I'm FINALLY getting a chance to post my award that you gave me! I didn't forgot!!!

Fire Lyte said...

Excellent! I had no idea this was back on. I missed it the first time around. My DVR is set to record, and I am anxiously awaiting Monday night now!

Thanks!

Love and Lyte,

Fire Lyte

PS. Excellent blog!!!

mxtodis123 said...

Thanks for the info. Put it right on my calendar.
Mary

Rue said...

Thanks for sharing this - I think it came out last year - I had been looking for it and couldn't find it!