Jan 26, 2009

Little Jeffery


Allow me to introduce to you...little Jeffery. Little Jeffery came to live with me after I rescued him from a cage in last summer's 104 degree weather. I struggled many weeks to pick just the right name and as soon as he had gained a bit of strength and a whole lot of energy, his name choice became apparent. Years ago Bill Cosby did a comedy special about an airplane flight with a four year old boy named Jeffery and if you have the opportunity, I urge to to listen because this explains the nature of my little Jeffery. Anyhow Friday night, little Jeffery snuck out and I was worried sick all weekend because I could not find him. I put up flyers, I sent out the children to ask neighbors if they had seen him and wandered the nearby streets in the dark calling "Here... kitty, kitty" (which only served to draw nearly every cat EXCEPT Jeffery!) Anyhow, I had nearly frazzled my last nerve when suddenly at 2 in the morning (Monday by now) I was in the bathroom when I heard a very desperate cry from beneath the house...I flew down the hall and out the back door and there he was peeking out from under the house! Little Jeffery was never so happy to see me! The children were very relieved to see him in the morning and as they lined up at the front door to go to school...there was little Jeffery, looking for the first opportunity to follow them out.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you have him back! Bad Jeffery!

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing? Great blog here!