Jan 21, 2009

Losing Yancy....


I recieved some very sad news today, my cousin Clint lost his oldest son, Yancy, in the war against Iraq. Yancy Levi Goodwin was born just four days after my daughter Caitlin on May 14, 1988 and was in the National Guard doing what my family has for decades, supporting the United States of America to ensure the freedom of all who call this great land home. My father and his three brothers (my uncles) were all Navy men and served in WW2, something he and all of us were very proud to speak of. Although I shudder at the mention of war and conflict, I am well aware that without them and so many more whom stood up for our freedoms, my spirituality and way of life would not be possible today. The loss of Yancy breaks my heart and I cannot help but join the ranks of friends and family members and all those across this great country in grieving the losses of our men and women so very young. Let us all remember that without their sacrifices we could not call ourselves Americans, free to choose our beliefs, convictions and blessings. Good bye Yancy and blessed be your sacrifice on the behalf of us all!

No comments: