Feb 9, 2009

TAG...You're It!


I was sitting on the couch ruminating this morning amid the sounds of the bathroom being remodeled and found myself wandering down memory lane. I can remember as a child going to the catholic church with my grandparents and staring in awe at the brightly colored stained glass windows depicting a variety of religious scenes. The church itself, although in a small community and not large by any standards, was very ornate and rich with decoration but somewhere deep inside I just couldn't shake that nagging little feeling that something was strangely missing. That feeling followed me through the next few years and as I traveled along in my twenties, I searched many different churches and many different viewpoints looking for one that clicked, one that would give me that wonderful feeling that I saw reflected in the other church members' faces. Finally there came a time when I realized that I could not fit in nor fake the feelings that I so desperately sought and for a several years after that resigned myself to the fact that it just wasn't going to happen for me and I quit searching altogether. It wasn't until I was nearly 35 that I met a woman that lived in the same apartment complex as I and she introduced to me to wicca. All of a sudden it was like a light bulb going off in my head and then it hit me...this is it... this is what I've been searching for all my life! It was so right, so liberating...as if a great weight had been removed from my shoulders. I cannot tell you how free I felt then and have continued to feel every day since. As I continued to sit and think, it occurred to me that this path, this journey I am on... had found me! I had not gone looking or even given any thought as to my spirituality for many years but here I am, knee deep in the craft and it seems so right, so natural...like this is what life is supposed to be about. I am not claiming to know all the answers, life is a classroom and everyday is a new lesson but the insight and perspective I have gained is far more beautiful, more brilliant to me than any stained glass created.

1 comment:

Hibiscus Moon said...

That is so wonderful to read. I felt the same way when I learned what Wicca was about. It just "clicked"! I filled the space where something was always missing for me. I knew I was searchign but I didn't know for what until I discovered Wicca.