Feb 21, 2009

Tale Of Two Chariots...




Yesterday, I touched upon the Strength card and the Chariot card as far as soft and hard control and thought it might be fun to compare the Chariot cards from two different decks and how the artists' depiction can subtly change basic meanings. On the left is the Chariot card from "The Baroque Bohemian Cat's Tarot" and on the right is the Chariot card from my "Tarot of the Magical Forest." The first thing I notice is how the BBC Chariot shows a rather dignified kitty, firmly holding the reigns and looking very much in control and in charge but when I look at the Chariot from the Magical Forest, I see a small wide eyed porcupine looking as if he hopes that he is in control but is just unsure enough to look a bit freaked out... to add to it, his oxen don't look any more confident than their driver. It's interesting how both cards have the meaning of control and composure but the differences of artists' interpretation can add a different perspective so that when these two cards come up in a reading, I might say that in the case of the Magical Forest, the individual is feeling somewhat out of control in a situation and might need to step back and reevaluate their position.... with the BBC tarot I would head in an opposite direction and say that there is the feeling that this person is hanging on to their control too tightly and could benefit from loosening their grip a little bit and some relaxation might be in order.



1 comment:

jhony etherington said...

i really interesting with the tarot too, but i've never seen someone play on it for me. I hope u can play it for me someday, i really mean it..