Feb 10, 2009

Procrastination As An Art Form




I've always been the sort of person that has a fondness for putting the big things off until "later." In fact my motto should probably be "Procrastinators unite....tomorrow!" It's really not an admirable quality and I'm noticing that the kids are picking up on it as well. A homework packet is given each Monday at school and due on Friday and lately all four children are often found at the kitchen table Thursday evenings in a state of panic, frantically adding, subtracting and studying spelling. I remember doing the very same thing when I was their age and I must admit that it does not reflect very well on me, having passed on this less than desirable trait. It's so strange how our habits and routines are soaked up by the little people who watch our every move, even without our realizing it. The really frightening prospect is that if they pick up on so much, what other examples are they adopting from us. It really puts it in perspective for me and I do want my children to develop healthy, positive habits as they grow up, so I as a parent must closely examine my actions and always make sure that I keep in mind that I am the adult that they look up to so I had better shape up and be the example that will benefit them later on in life. Now...about cleaning out that refrigerator......

No comments: