Feb 5, 2009

By The Pale Moonlight




Today I decided to work with my cards again and asked "What should I write about in my blog today?" Oddly the cards gave me the moon, once again it shines in my thoughts...This card has a strange dreamlike quality about it, in which a grinning moon beams it's light down upon a nighttime scene where a crayfish can be seen in the foreground crawling from a glistening stream. There are two characters in the distance holding what appears to be staffs of some sort and farther beyond that is two tower looking mountains that may indicate a passage way of some sort. To one that is not familiar with the tarot, it might appear oddly frightening and surreal but I often see this card as lighting the path with it's pale light so that you will not stumble or get lost. I thought about the Moon card a great deal and it suddenly dawned on me that there is a message here. I had been having vivid and unsettling dreams over the past few days and always wake to this nagging feeling that just seemed to follow me throughout my day. I don't usually have these kind of dreams and I found myself slightly off balance because of it. Perhaps the Moon card is telling me that these dreams are trying to release my inner fears and doubts that I have in my life right now and my subconscious is lighting these fears so that I am able to see them clearly for what they are and move on and release them. Fear is easily banished when illuminated and examined.
(Deck: The Tarot of the Magical Forest)

1 comment:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Very insightful. Is that card from your deck? That looks like an interesting deck. I don't know how to do tarot but I'm always interested in others doing it.