Feb 8, 2009

Serenity Sunday



It's been a long and very busy week here in Battle Ground, the bathroom is being remodeled and I never put too much thought into how big of a project it was going be...but I'm learning! I was thinking last night as I was attempting to drift off to sleep at a decent hour (I'm a notorious night owl) and came up with the idea that maybe every Sunday I would list ten things I'm greatful for since during the week life gets very hectic and it's quite difficult to put anything on paper let alone have a complete thought. I found that as I get older, the little things count a whole lot more than they used to and one thing I've grown to appreciate is my rose garden. I take great pleasure now just digging in the the rich, dark soil and pulling those pesky weeds that perpetually pop up ( weeding is the best stress reliever I know!) I appreciate nature more in general and I never pass up an opportunity to kick off my shoes and enjoy the soft green grass under my feet. Anyhow on to my list....


1.) My children

2.) My home

3.) The beautiful colors of a sunrise on a clear morning

4.) Cinnamon creme coffee creamer

5.) Birds chirping in the pine tree by my window

6.) The crisp smell in the air just after a sudden rain

7.) My cats playing with their cat toys

8.) My neighbors waving and saying good morning when I drive by on the way to school

9.) The sound of my brass ship's clock chiming

10.) The new red buds coming out on my rosebushes


I am so blessed in my life and I hope that if there is one thing that I can do before I leave this world, I wish to inspire just one person to choose to make difference.

1 comment:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Very inspirational post. Showing gratitiude is a wonderfult hing to do and puts your mind in a positive state. I'm trying to remember to do it often, myself.