Feb 15, 2009

Serenity Sunday


It seems as if during this week of bathroom remodeling, serenity has been somewhat elusive and as fragile as the gossamer wings upon a tiny faerie. Amidst the noise of sawing, nail guns and shop vac's, I really had to make it a point to to take advantage of the few brief moments of quiet that I could grab. As I was reflecting on those things that I am grateful for, I noticed that some were the same and there were a few new ones as well. It's very mysterious how we can develop a routine in our environment and the slightest hint of disruption or upheaval can throw one into total and utter chaos. Even my cats became restless and cranky, refusing to sleep in the webcam cat bed and wandering from room to room seeking out that one peaceful spot. I suppose that a bit of chaos does have some therapeutic benefits as I have become more sensitive toward the things I normally take for granted.



1.) My children

2.) Good friends

3.) My cats

4.) Sleeping in past the crack of dawn

5.) Sawdust free hallway floors

6.) Having the whole kitchen (minus a 40 lb.chop saw) to work in

7.) Cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer

8.) Actually hearing a television show

9.) Being the only one in the house during the day

10.) Taking a bath in my own tub and not the one at Bobbi and Danny's house (thank you for your super-human patience guys!)

2 comments:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Reading these posts is almost painful for me since it makes the bad memories of remodeling that I want to banish away come roaring back. I feeeeeel for you. I had to deal with it for almost 2 years (whole house remodel with no kitchen to speak of) and then intermittant spurts after that. It's awful but you'll make it through. Think of how much worse it could be. That's what I did.

David said...

A great and inexpensive addition to any bathroom and it also makes it much easier to clean is the Bathroom Bidet Sprayer from http://www.bathroomsprayers.com//index.php. You can clean yourself, the toilet, the tile, even diapers if you have any. This is a must have for the modern bathroom and it helps the environment by cutting down the use of toilet paper.