May 21, 2009

Of Magma And Mentos


Mariah, my room mate Coral's youngest daughter, and her classmates have been learning all about volcano's. For two weeks we have been quizzing her on "volcano lingo" and what supplies were needed to construct a working model of one. Yesterday, was the proud conclusion of their lessons when each child and their volcano were lined up outside on the lawn to drop mentos into their diet coke bottles so cleverly hidden inside of the projects.


The weather was a perfect 68 degrees and it went rather well as only a few children ended up wearing the exploding magma, much to their chagrin. There were ribbons awarded to the most dramatic eruption and everyone had a spectacular time. I, however, must remember to remove the volcano from my trunk before I go shopping this Friday because it is so large that I nearly couldn't get the trunk of the poor Acura to shut.


Just like my last blog post, Mother Nature is an amazing creature and I never cease to marvel at her demonstrations of magnificence. I almost sense a theme happening, I wonder what the universe will bring to my attention tomorrow?

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly, Pele (Hawaiian Volcano Goddess) was blessing all the kids' efforts! Maybe she's the Goddess of diet Coke and Mentos too, ha ha!