Jan 21, 2010

Out Of The Darkness

I am starting a new blog (separate from this one). It will not be about being pagan nor will it be light reading, some days my language may not be appropriate so I flagged it as "Adult Content", just to warn you in advance.  I have struggled with PTSD for a very long time now and I have decided to share my journey as I emerge from the shadows and back into the world. It won't be easy so I do not kid myself. It may upset you, disturb you or as my hope is, lead those of you who suffer like me, to a place where it's okay to be who we were born to be and not just a shell of what we might have been. This will be my journey...





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just went to your new blog and became a follower and tried to leave a comment (my computer is wonky today and wouldn't let me). Anyway, I look forward to reading your journey and I too embrace the darkness for without the darkness there would be no light. You are brave for sharing your darkness with us, and I am appreciative of that.

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Are you going to put a link to your new blog in your sidebar with the title to recent posts? Just wondering.

I do not suffer from PTSD; I have had a very fortunate life. I do however suffer from post partum depression and anxiety attacks. Sometimes it is all you can do to wake up and move. Other times you are having a blast and suddenly you feel the strong urge to go into hiding and you are physically ill.

I wish the best on sharing your journey with us. I know it is not easy. Others who have not experienced even the milder side of depression and the such just cannot understand the thoughts that run wild and the feeling in the pit of your stomach that lingers behind the rest of you.

Oh, and I am glad you are a fantastic speller. I was at one time, but teaching kindergarten took that skill from me quickly. Besides spelling phonetically... I am a pick typer. I use only two or three fingers when typing. I am like speed lightening on the keyboard considering, but I do transpose letters often, so please forever any and all mispellings. They just really cannot be helped. It's just a flaw. lol.

Kelsey the Ewok said...

I applaud your bravery and wish you the best in your journey. I pray that this new blog will help you cope and lead a healthier life.

Kelsey

Jacqueline said...

It is hard to revisit the worst parts of your life, but it is through the awareness of reflection that you find release...the realization that anger is pain is the first step to letting it go...Good luck on your journey.