Aug 22, 2009

My Tarot And Oracle Collection


I have a growing collection of tarot and oracle decks and up until now, nowhere to put them other than stack them up on a table in my bedroom. I have been wanting to show them off because I am so proud of my collection. Some of the bags are made by myself and others, like Baroque Bohemian Cat's Tarot come all the way from Prague (Thank you Baba Prague!) I have a special bag for my Tarot of the Magical Forest that was made for me by Sulis in England.

The other day, I was speaking to my good friens about the stack of decks that were starting to take over my table and he spoke right up saying that he has this shelf that just doesn't fit in his house anywhere, it doesn't quite match anything and it would be his pleasure to donate it to me knowing it would be put to good use... my mind instantly screamed SCORE! Now I can put my lovelies out in my livingroom where they look marvelous.


It's so difficult to name a favorite since each one works well with different types of readings like romantic questions ( Robin Wood), questions related to work or career ( Universal Waite) and plain old odd questions (for those I like to use my whimsical Magical Forest Tarot). I'm curious to hear about your collections...What tarot or oracle decks do you have.... Which are your favorites...Do you have special made tarot bags or do you make your own....What decks do you prefer for specific types of readings?

6 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I don't have any ;( But I enjoy reading about yours and how much they mean to you. My witchy collective passion is books: Pagan, vegetable gardening, paranormal romance, urban fantasy... Hm, I think some showing off is in order ;)

Your shelf is lovely!

Watcher said...

I dont have any either.
I use regular playing cards.

Celestite said...

Mine are in bags and the bags are in a very pretty wooden box. But I like your shelf better. I would like to have them displayed and not hidden away...even though the box is nice to look at.

Rue said...

The shelf is perfect - wow, great score!

My favourite tarot is the Halloween Deck because of it's whimsy - it makes me very happy to use it. I do have 5 decks of Oracle cards that I don't use very often, but enjoy. My favourite is probably the "Wisdom of Avalon" oracle cards.

I keep my cards both in bags and some in their original boxes. Some are wrapped in fabric, and I like to keep a clear quartz crystal in each deck.

VintageSage said...

Congrats on scoring the perfect place for your Tarot and Oracle collection! I love it when things happen like that. I only have two decks right now...my favorite being the Animal Divine. :)

Happy Weekend!

Michelle

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I only have half a dozen decks, which I keep in zippered cloth bags purchased here and there. (I've always been careful not to catch the collector's bug with tarot because it's addictive, LOL, and there are a gazillion decks out there!) The decks I have are Motherpeace, Daughters of the Moon, Tarot of the Cat People, Light and Shadow, Morgan-Greer and Legacy of the Divine. I only use one to read with at any given time. Currently it's Legacy of the Divine, so in that bag I keep a raw clear crystal quartz to disperse a querent's energies after a reading. My other decks are decks I simply love to look at or have read with in the past.