Aug 11, 2009

Tarot Tuesday


I've had the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling deck for a while but never really used it much ...it's so cute that I thought I would use a card from it for this weeks draw.

The card I drew is #14, the Jack of Diamonds. Now, the Fortune Telling deck is a tad different and I think that is probably why I haven't used it, so bear with me as I muddle along.... The card itself has writing on it, as all the cards in this deck do, and says "The rider is a sign of good news, unless alongside of #6, #8, #11 or #13."

Usually these cards are layed out into a spread where this card might fall next to one of those mentioned but since I am doing this as a single card reading, I will describe it as such.

Diamonds have to do with hard work and affairs outside the home that will be important.... they represent the time of spring and Jacks indicate movement and direction. Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) are represented by diamonds so when putting this all together, the Jack of Diamonds could indicate good news about a job or career that involves travel or moving to a new location.


The art of cartomancy is a very unique talent that I haven't really made the effort to learn but in writing my blog I seem to feel that it would be worth my time to explore a little further.



1 comment:

Rue said...

I've looked at this deck a few times in the store, but didn't know what the cards would look like. Thanks for posting it!

PS - I have an award for you on my blog - pop on by to pick it up!

Blessings!