Aug 18, 2009

Tarot Tuesday


I have been smelling the distinct smell of Autumn in the air for the last couple weeks and it just seemed to put me in the mood for my favorite time of year...Samhain! So, in honor of this terrific holiday, I took out my Halloween Tarot and had my buddy draw a card...It was The Six of Ghosts. ( The Six of Cups traditionally)

Now this is a fun card, we can see six whimsical little ghosts floating around the graveyard as if reliving the good times and happy memories. It gives the impression of nostalgia and sentiment of warm thoughts, great friends and chilhood dreams.

Generally, in a reading, this card stands for those times that we find ourselves wandering down memory lane...a discovery from the past (like a long forgotten uncle who I fondly remember, as I was researching a family tree) and meeting friends or schoolmates that we grew up with. The Six of Ghosts can also refer to a gift from an admirer or an inheritance.

The reverse of this card has a more unpleasant interpretation that tells us we may be romantacizing the past as if looking through an old attic window, covered in cobwebs, that obscures our reality of the past. It can be a warning as well that we are living in the illusion of the "good old days" rather than living in the present and making future memories.




3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Hm, I'm thinking good old days and happy times with school mates. Nothing wrong with thinking about the past happy times; they makes us value the present and hope for a future just as good or better.

VintageSage said...

What wonderful cards! I seem to reminisce quite a bit..sometimes missing a few things...sometimes glad I'm over those parts of my life. :) I am older and wiser these days, that's for sure.

xoxo

Rue said...

This is my favourite deck! It's like having a bit of Halloween with me whenever I read...