Mar 19, 2010

Tag! I'm it And A Blog-A-Rama Of Awards!



I've received a couple of wonderful awards from fellow bloggers this last week  and one game of tag that is REALLY fun, so I hope you all read on and pass this great game of tag and two wonderful awards to those whom you think deserve it!

The first is a game of Picture Tag where I was 'tagged' by  

ONe PiNK FiSH

 ..

The rules go like this:

1.  Open your first photo file.
2.  Scroll to the 10th photo.
3.  Post the photo and tell the story behind it
4.  Tag five more people.


So, off I went to find that mysterious 10th photo and this is what popped up...


In this picture is myself and the love of my life, Nibbles, whom I affectionately called "Squishy." Her mother, my Mitsuo Moto was a beautiful Chestnut Oriental Short Hair that was my little shadow for many years. Nibbles was a rare cat...she absolutely loved me to bits but goddess forgive anyone else who dared come near me. My husband, at the time, once yelled at her for something, I cannot recall at the moment, but she got her revenge later that evening when she peed all over his feet as he slept. When he suddenly woke up to find himself  cold and drenched he vowed never again to raise his voice to her, lest she retaliate! Sadly she passed away three years ago from cancer and to this day I miss her terribly...attitude and all!


My Tag-ees


Peggy from Laila and Minchie


MXTODIS at Moontides


Fire Lyte at Inciting a Riot


 Inannasstar   Ramblings of a Domestic Goddess

Annette at The Ward House


 For this award... I thank you SO much Mama Feonafay! I love your blog and make sure I read it everyday!




The rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave you this award.


2. Share 7 things about yourself.


3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!


4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.


My Seven Things:


1.) I have a pierced nose with a glorious gold hoop in it...let's people know ahead of time I may have a strong opinion and independent mindedness.


2.) I like music from Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, and Disturbed as well as classical music and Celtic tunes.


3.) If there is a bird wandering  in the road, I will wait until it passes to keep 
driving


4.) I will often tell someone when they need to get "A clue"


5.) I can eat a whole double batch of rice crispy treats by myself...in less than a half our.


6.) I must have my naps.


7.) Standing up for what is right is the most important thing we can do as individuals.




My Nominees are:


1.) Sky from Between the Branch

2.) Witchful Thinking

3.) A Herbal Journey

4.) Delphyne from A Seven Year Old Witch


4.) An Instant In Time


5.) WitchBoy from Frogs:Fairies:Fools


6.) Spider Tribe's Bardic Blog 


7.) Mystic Mooma Makes Things

8.) Magaly Guerrero

9.)  Mrs B of Confessions Of A Pagan Soccer Mom 

There are so many wonderful new, as well as established,  blogs out there I couldn't possibly list them all here, so I will stop at seven. Congratulations everyone!




This  next award comes from both Willow from  Wandering in the Woods and Crystalrainbow from Sparkle and Shine Thank you so much ladies, I am doubly blessed!

Sunshine Award

















Here are the rules:


1. Place the award on your blog or within your post.

2. Pass the award on to 12 Sunny Bloggers -- those whose positivity and creativity inspire others!

3. Link to the nominees in your post.

4. Tell the nominees they've received the award by commenting on their blogs.

5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.




Those whom have positive attitudes and creativity inspire:


 Kat at Antics of a Tameran Witch

Elfwench at Chronicles of An Elfwench

Creativity as a way of Life

Sue at Crochet and Garden

Sherry at Green Trinity

We Three, Ginger Cats Tales


Hyacinths For The Soul

Jacqueline's Cat House

Witchy Mom's Homeschool

Angela at The Pagan Mom Blog


Mama Bean at Save Moki


















9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been nominated for some great awards!! Congrats!!

And thank you for thinking of me!! It's greatly appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me in the photo tag....I was previously tagged and did my photo entry here:
http://inannasstar.blogspot.com/2010/03/ive-been-tagged.html

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Thanks for the tag! We remember Nibbles! What a sweetheart she was. Nothing better than a black beauty for love and companionship.

Me said...

awww thanks darling :)

Jacqueline said...

A lovely photo of you and Nibbles/Squishy; the loving bond between you two is evident from your embrace...Congratulations on your awards, Liz, you deserve them!...I am very honored to receive the Sunshine Award from someone I think so highly of; you are an incredible woman of strength and courage whom I admire greatly...Hope you have a fun weekend.

Delphyne said...

Yes, thank you for thinking of me, too - especially since I haven't been around the blog world for some time. I plan to begin the Spring portion of the year by blogging once again!

Rose said...

Since I ahem.. do want to play by the rules.. I want to thank you for choosing my blog.. much appreciated:)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Oh Nibbles aka Squishy is beautiful. I love cats, and black ones are my favorite!

Thanks so much for thinking about my Writing blog, I feel so honored. I'll display soon!

Rue said...

Great awards, for a great blogger!

Nibbles was gorgeous - you can tell that you two had a bond.

I've been known to nearly drive off the road to avoid the silly quail that stop right in front of your car! I cried for hours the one time I couldn't avoid one!